Also known as: The Cross. Clock tower. Dated 1876. Built by the Court Leet on the site of the former market cross. Yellow rock-faced sandstone with liberal dressings of red sandstone ashlar. Approx. 3m square. Gothic style. Chamfered plinth of yellow rock-faced masonry; red sandstone ashlar base with a segmental-pointed doorway in the north side and a cusped blank arch in each of the others, that on the east containing a panel inscribed "Erected by the Earl of Derby's Court Leet assisted by contributions in the town and neighbourhood 1876 Robert Wareing steward of the manor", and that on the south side containing the semi-circular bowl of a former drinking fountain; tall tower with lancets; red sandstone top with a clock faces in each side and various enrichments including an embattled parapet; and a short pinnacle in 2 stages, interrupted by an arcaded belfry.
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £50.00 TO UK MAINLANDsales@pet-shopper.co.uk
UK ORMSKIRK CUSTOMERS Free delivery from Pet Shopper to Ormskirk area within a 5 mile radius of Ormskirk town centre. Order through "contact us" option or by phone 01695 579827